Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DAQ Access on Android

I'm moving an existing USB-6002 application from Windows to Android.  The plan is to use C# under Xamarin, in addition to external USB support.

From searching around here, it seems that there is no android binding for the NationalInstruments.Common and NationalInstruments.DAQmx assemblies.  Is there any documentation on lower level messages being send to the device?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(4,263 Views)

Hi Sengle,

I found this community examples. Hope this helps.

https://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-12801

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(4,223 Views)

Thank you David.

But this looks as if the WebService is running elsewhere, and under LabView, correct?  In my case I'm hoping to have the DAQ plugged into the USB port on an embedded computer running Android.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(4,219 Views)

Hi,

But are you trying to use ActiveX to connect to your Android device? Or is it just C code?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(4,205 Views)

In my case I'm running under Mono on an embedded computer running Android.  So all I have access to is the raw USB port.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(4,201 Views)

What would be that kind of messages that you would like documentation for?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(4,175 Views)

I'm assuming that, like most USB devices of this type, there are command packets being sent to the device.  I'm looking for that protocol.  

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(4,170 Views)

Would this information help you?

http://www.ni.com/tutorial/5409/en/

It is about Using DAQmx with text based environments.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(4,159 Views)

This probably isn't what you want to hear, but there is no public documentation for the USB protocol used by the USB-6002. The only supported driver stack for the USB-6002 is DAQmx, which, as you've noticed, does not run on Android. I would recommend contacting your NI sales representative to push R&D to add support for this device to the NI Measurement Hardware DDK.

——
Brandon Streiff
ni.com/compactdaq · ni.com/daq
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(4,147 Views)