cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

D-SUB 15-pin connector pin assignment on CompactDAQ chassis

Solved!
Go to solution

Dear all,

I want to use a CompactDAQ 9172 with a tablet for inflight measurement with a glider aircraft, where accelerations of several ADXL335 are logged to disk. They need a power supply of 5V, which should be available from the D-SUB 15-pin connector of the NI 9172 backplane. Where can I find the pin assignment?

Thanks in advance,

Jan  

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,498 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author janschwochow

Hello Jan,

if you want to use the D-SUB connector of your cDAQ/cRIO then you find official information in the "CompactRIO Module Development Kit":

NI cRIO-9951 - National Instruments
http://sine.ni.com/nips/cds/view/p/lang/de/nid/14548

I found some inofficial and unconfirmed information which I will cite, perhaps that already helps you:

[...] Pin 4 is 5V and Pin 14 is GND. Be aware though, that there's a danger in accidentally
damaging the backplane in this approach, so we cannot warranty this type of use. If you just need access to the +5V and gnd lines, a safer option would be to use an NI 9411 module
which uses a regulator from an external power supply to give 5V on the front connector.

Best regards,

Christoph

Staff Applications Engineer
National Instruments
Certified LabVIEW Developer (CLD), Certified LabVIEW Embedded Systems Developer (CLED)

Don't forget Kudos for Good Answers, and Mark a solution if your problem is solved
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(4,476 Views)

Dear Christoph,

thank you very much for the information.

Jan

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(4,473 Views)

How much current can it supply?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,954 Views)