From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cvi exe file

Solved!
Go to solution
Hello I create my application code for an usb 6008 daq. I have my exe file but I want to use in another computer which does not have lab windows installed. Is there a base program that I should install to run in this computer?? I installed the daqmx 9.8 but got an error mising cvi.dll in windows 7. But in xp works fine
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,688 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author FrankDM

Hi FrankDM,

It sounds like you are missing the LabWindows/CVI Run-Time Engine on the target machine.  You will need this on any computer that you want to run a CVI .exe on.  The easiest way to resolve this is to build your application into an installer.  With an installer, you can include the .exe and the run-time engine in one package.

You can do this by going to: Build >> Distributions >> Manage Distributions

Then click New and define the new installer you want to create.  When you finish, an "Edit Installer" window will open.  On the "Drivers & Components" tab, you can select the items you would like to include in the installer along with your .exe.  You will notice that the run-time engine is already included.  Now, when you deploy this installer, the run-time engine will be automatically installed on the target machine.

This article provides more details about deploying the run-time engine:

http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/370051Y-01/cvi/programmerref/cvirtengine/

Regards,

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,667 Views)