Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cvi exe file

Solved!
Go to solution
Hello I create my application code for an usb 6008 daq. I have my exe file but I want to use in another computer which does not have lab windows installed. Is there a base program that I should install to run in this computer?? I installed the daqmx 9.8 but got an error mising cvi.dll in windows 7. But in xp works fine
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,690 Views)
Solution
Accepted by FrankDM

Hi FrankDM,

It sounds like you are missing the LabWindows/CVI Run-Time Engine on the target machine.  You will need this on any computer that you want to run a CVI .exe on.  The easiest way to resolve this is to build your application into an installer.  With an installer, you can include the .exe and the run-time engine in one package.

You can do this by going to: Build >> Distributions >> Manage Distributions

Then click New and define the new installer you want to create.  When you finish, an "Edit Installer" window will open.  On the "Drivers & Components" tab, you can select the items you would like to include in the installer along with your .exe.  You will notice that the run-time engine is already included.  Now, when you deploy this installer, the run-time engine will be automatically installed on the target machine.

This article provides more details about deploying the run-time engine:

http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/370051Y-01/cvi/programmerref/cvirtengine/

Regards,

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,669 Views)