From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Control Engine rotational speed

Solved!
Go to solution

Dear All

I am currently working on an Engine test bench; the hardware responsible for engine rotational speed is not working anymore and I have to control the engine with Labview

My problem is that the software I made can not make the engine works steadily 

I made a loop with an error detection between the real rotation and the ordered one and add it to the input rotation and continue the loop

The problem is that when the engine tries to reach the ordered voltage value for pedal, it will reach it very fast and exceed the desired rotation, then it should come down and go below the needed rotation and it will continue ...

Please let me know your opinion 

best 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(4,045 Views)
Solution
Accepted by mhghr

I made a loop with an error detection between the real rotation and the ordered one and add it to the input rotation  

Without getting into too much detail...

Instead of adding the full error to the control signal, try adding some fraction of the error (for example, start with .5).  Lowering the fraction should result in less overshoot but will take longer to reach the desired setpoint.  If you're familiar at all with PID this is comparable to tuning the "proportional" term.

Best Regards,

John Passiak
Message 2 of 5
(4,029 Views)
Solution
Accepted by mhghr

Hello,

You can found an example in "examples\control\PID\General PID Simulator.vi" that shows you how to simulate a PID regulation in LabVIEW.

Best regards,

Jovan N. - Application Engineering
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,990 Views)

Thanks, Dear John 

I forgot PID controlling (I just had a course in my B.S)

I guess it would be a solution 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,957 Views)

Thanks a lot, dear Jovan 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,953 Views)