From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Continuous waveform generation with frequency change

Hi!

I have a "problem" with a continuous generation or better, i solved the problem But i think it could be nice to solve it in a better way.

I have to generate an arbitrary waveformand change its frequency during generation. When i change frequency I nedd the new waveform to be continuous with the old one, so no stop and start between waveforms.

Before this, I used ALLOW REGENERATION property to conitnuously generate waveform that was a nice feature 'cause i don't need to write every time the new waveform.

Now to solve my problem I write every cycle iteration the waveform. To avoid being too slow, i write a buffer period > 500ms. This QUITE solve my problem, 'cause if some application automatically start and use PC resources i get an error from my application 'cause the buffer get empty.

So i create a shortcut of my applciation to launch it in High priority mode (cmd /c start /high myapplication.exe)  hoping this solve my problems.

My question is....is there the possibility to solve a problem like this using allow regeneration property and write the NEW buffer on the run? So i don't need to write as far as it possible but only write once when I need it.
Unfortunatelly at the moment it is not possible to change the allow regeneration property while the task is running.

Message 1 of 2
(3,544 Views)

Hi,

you can have a look at this example.

Try also to consider the properties described here.

I hope thos helps!

Bye,

Licia

Message 2 of 2
(3,518 Views)