From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Continuous signal data acquisition using MC DAQ (USB 1608FS)

I have finaly figured out how to use MC DAQ using Labview and I have programed a little bit to be able to see the signal coming into my DAQ. However

I want to be able to continuously record a continuous signal at 100 Hz in 60 seconds, which gives around 6000 samples. However, the way I am recording the signals or seeing the signal in my waveform it only goes from 0 to 1 second and seems to update that second once it reaches one. I want to be able the see the 60 second period for that signal. I have attached my IV file so you guys have a better idea of what I am trying to explain.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(3,635 Views)

What you are seeing is expected since you are using a graph. A graph does not contain history data. If you want to retain past data, you should use a chart. You can set the Chart History Length with a right click.

You should also change your loop to have just the read inside. You don't need to configure/start/clear with every iteration. Look at how it is done with the DAQmx examples.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(3,629 Views)

I would like to ask  what should I do before start programming in labview.

for example.... Have  you Configurared instacal previously to use USB-1608FS or measurement & automation explorer?.

I only try to get data from it

thank you

regards

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(3,401 Views)
MAX is only for NI hardware. You have to use measurement computing's configuration utility and their VIs.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(3,397 Views)

thank you,

when I open Instacal doesn't recognize usb1608FS automaticaly. I think that is the problem. 

I  attach a picture  about  device manager.  I think that  was improperly installed.

Could you compare your  device manager like  it show you?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(3,391 Views)
I don't have a mcc device. They have their own support forum. Ask there.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(3,388 Views)

thank you for your time

Regards

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(3,380 Views)

I fixed it. It was installed like NI-VISA, instead of install like HID.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(3,379 Views)