Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection problem daq-chassi

I have an old scxi-1000 chassi with a 1104C module. My old control device pci-6052 is to be replaced with our existing usb-6351 daq.

How do I connect? The usb daq has screw terminal so my former cable doesnt fit.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(4,020 Views)

Dear Beck777,

Depending on what are you connecting on the other side of the cable, we can provide different options for connecting.
If you can provide me with information about the device you are connecting, on the other side, to your USB-6351, I will be able to provide you with better option(s).

Kind Regards,

Bozhidar

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,996 Views)
Hi, thank you for your interest to help me upgrading my test system.

The old setup:
Windows PC (pci-6052) <---ni cable---> scxi-1000(with 1349 back module) Then front module 1104c to test equipment.

New setup?
Windows PC (usb) <---usb cable---> usb-6351 <---?????---> scxi-1000(with 1349 back module?) Then front 1104c to TE.

My question is how to connect to the chassi so my chassi is shown in MAX.

beck777
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,974 Views)

Dear Beck777,

Unfortunately only DAQ devices with mass termination support controlling SCXI-1000, even if you try to connect it, is not configurable in MAX.

To be able to use your chassis you will either need another DAQ device with mass termination connection (ex. NI USB-6361), or you could use NI SCXI-1600, which is a separate DAQ device that plugs in one of the slots in the SCXI chassis and controls it.

Kind Regards,

Bozhidar

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,969 Views)

Dear Beck777,

Unfortunately only DAQ devices with mass termination support controlling SCXI-1000, even if you try to connect it, is not configurable in MAX.

To be able to use your chassis you will either need another DAQ device with mass termination connection (ex. NI USB-6361), or you could use NI SCXI-1600, which is a separate DAQ device that plugs in one of the slots in the SCXI chassis and controls it.

Kind Regards,

Bozhidar

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,969 Views)