From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connecting Omega PX309-10KG5V pressure transducer to SCXI 1520

I have an Omega PX309-10KG5V Pressure transducer that operates between 0-5V and requires a 9V excitation (http://www.omega.com/Pressure/pdf/PX309-5V.pdf).

I am having trouble getting the transducer running on my SCXI box with a SCXI 1520 card. I think I should be using custom voltage with excitation. I am not sure what I am missing.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(4,824 Views)

floydie83,

How are you trying to create a task, through MAX? LabVIEW? SignalExpress?

What problems are you running into specifically?

Rob W.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(4,800 Views)
Thanks for the reply. I am creating the task through MAX. I cannot get the gage to read. I am setting the task up as a custom voltage with excitation. I am putting the red into P+ and black P-. White goes to S+. I am not sure if that layout is 100% correct. Maybe I'm missing a jumper?
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(4,778 Views)

Are you able to run the task in MAX or do you get an error? What kind of data are you receiving? Can screenshot it and share it?

Rob W.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(4,735 Views)

will do this afternoon! Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(4,727 Views)

Okay, I hope I have the wiring correct. I am attaching two pictures that show the wiring to the SCXI 1314 and the settings I am using in MAX.

The transduce requires 9-28 V of excitiation. The gage just reads 0V or 5V depending of the direction of the wires. Am I missing a jumper?

Thanks again.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(4,718 Views)

Also the scale is just a linear 1 to 1 scale currently.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(4,716 Views)

Im not sure if you meant to attach the same picture twice, but could you attach screenshot of the Task running in MAX and the data that you receive when the task is running?

Rob W.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(4,689 Views)