cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connecting NI PCIe-6321 to custom PCB

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi y'all,

I am designing a custom PCB to interface between our sensors and our NI PCIe-6321.

1- Can I use an unshielded cable to make the connection? We work with low frequency signal (less than 100 kHz) Shielded cable will cause some trouble as all will enclosed in a tight space.

2-What kind of receptor should I use on the PCB to interface with the cable (RC68-68)

Thanks!

Fabrice

Best regards!

Fabrice

--
"If Locals are Duct Tape, then Globals must be toilet paper" Greg Bush
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,144 Views)

Hi!

1. You can probably use an unshielded cable, although you may experience issues with RF noise. Shielded cables don't take up that much more space, is there a reason you need that little extra bit of room?

2. The cable terminates in a SCSI-II female connector. 

Message 2 of 4
(4,128 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author FabriceMTL

Hi Fabrice,

This document contains all of our multifunction DAQ board mating connectors.  You're going to want to check out the 68-Position 0.050 Board Mount Connectors section under Connectors and Backshells for the SCSI connectors.  You can get either the right angle or vertical mount option from our website or from a 3rd party vendor.  (We provide the part number in that document if you want to buy it elsewhere.)

Regards,

David R
Systems Engineer
National Instruments
Message 3 of 4
(4,118 Views)

Thanks Chantastic and Roohcifer for your replies.

Chantastic, I have to be able to fit a motherboard + acquisition card + the custom build PCB in a very tight volume (7x9x4in). Using a shielded cable will be a trouble because I won't be able to bend them enough plus the shortest avaible is still too long.

Best regards!

Fabrice

--
"If Locals are Duct Tape, then Globals must be toilet paper" Greg Bush
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(4,090 Views)