From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connecting DAQ Device to VI Question

I downloaded a program titled "Acquire_andSave_as_.Wave_File.vi" from the Developer Zone and attempted to run it. Got an error "The specified device is not a National Instruments product, the driver does not support the device or the device has not been configured using the Measurment & Automation Explorer"

I opened the Block Diagram for what I think is the routine crashing (causing an error) and MAX sees my M Series 6250 card and channel - but how do I check that the Program is calling or referring to the right hardware device?

What am I not doing to connect the hardware (M Series 6250 PCI card) to the VI program?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,670 Views)
What DAQ functions does the download VI use? Is it DAQmx or the traditional DAQ? I think the M series is only supported by DAQmx.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,660 Views)

Hi all-

Dennis is correct- the example you're referring to is a Traditional NI-DAQ example that will not be compatible with your M Series card which is supported only by NI-DAQmx.  In order to illustrate a finite analog acquisition in NI-DAQmx you should check out the "Acq&GraphVoltage_IntClk.vi" in the NI Example Finder by selecting Help>>Find Examples and browsing to Hardware Input and Output>>DAQmx>>Analog Measurements>>Voltage.

Thanks-

Tom W
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,639 Views)

Greetings.

Would just the front end acquisition be incompatible? Meaning are there portions of the routine that I could use and say add a front end compatible with DAQmx?

thanks

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,627 Views)
Yes.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,614 Views)

@Dennis Knutson wrote:
Yes.

I see that Dennis shares my opinion that less can be more.Smiley Very Happy

To expand just a bit on edw's follow-up question, you can absolutely replace just the Traditional NI-DAQ portion of the code with NI-DAQmx VIs.  I meant to imply in my first reply that the example I suggested had the same functionality as the Traditional DAQ chain in the save to wav file example and could be dropped in to achieve the same functionality.  I have attached a slightly modified version of the save to wav file example to give you an idea of where to start.  Keep in mind that you will need to specify two channels (i.e. DevX/ai0:1) for a stereo acquisition.

I hope this helps- 
Tom W
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,602 Views)