Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connect terminals in DAQ

Hii all,

I am trying to connect  2 PFI signals thr' the Connect Terminals VI in DAQ.  I do not get any error while doing so. But the signal on PFI_Source is not connected to the Destination.

regrads,

Akshay

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,362 Views)

A couple quick thoughts:

1. Double check that the routing is supported by your device.  You can do this from MAX by selecting the device and then selecting the "Device Routes" tab at the bottom.   Routes that are shown as "indirect" may require use of internal resources (often a counter/timer), and this could in turn cause a conflict with your DAQ needs.

2. I'm a little surprised at the lack of error, but I generally never use "Connect Terminals" for signal routing.  "Connect Terminals" makes a more persistent routing that remains in place when tasks are done.

3. I use the DAQmx "Export Signal" vi and property node to make routes that persist only for the duration of the task that owns the signal in question.  I'm not sure of my memory right now, but be aware that task-based routing might not produce an error until you attempt to start the task.  I would have expected an immediate error from "Connect Terminals", but don't have experience to base that on.

-Kevin P

CAUTION! New LabVIEW adopters -- it's too late for me, but you *can* save yourself. The new subscription policy for LabVIEW puts NI's hand in your wallet for the rest of your working life. Are you sure you're *that* dedicated to LabVIEW? (Summary of my reasons in this post, part of a voluminous thread of mostly complaints starting here).
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,339 Views)