Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connect SPS S7 300 via NI OPC Server - Can't read data, Tags wrong?

Hello everyone,

I hope I am in the correct forum and don't offend anyone by my questions. I am very new to LabVIEW and data acquisition in general but tried to get basic understanding of what I have to do. And of course, it doesn't work Smiley Wink

The search function didn't really help, neither did google. The tutorial I found only start AFTER the definition of the tags...

I have to connect a fluid bed processor to LabVIEW. The fluid bed processor is equipped with an S7 343-1 and I have to connect it via an OPC server (that is an external decision I cannot influence). The S7 is connected to the company network over ethernet.

Now, I created a new channel where I specified the channel driver as Siemens TCP/IP, and created a device with the IP of the fluid bed mashine (I can ping the mashine, so I am sure it's online). I decided to use Big Endian (it's the default setting and I decided to leave it like that) I have a list by the fluid bed manufaturer in which the adresses are specified, e.g. the exhaust air temperature value has the adress 10 (it's listed as integer).

From my understanding, I should be able to read the exhaust air value by creating a tag with the adresse AB10 (I also tried a few other combinations, like AW10, etc. before I read a little more but nothing worked...). However, when I start the quick client, I get the return value 0, even thouth the mashine reads something like 19.

Has anyone an idea what I am doing wrong? Or an idea of what I should try?

Thank you in advance!

Qbach

Unbenannt.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 1
(3,618 Views)