From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Communicating with EEPROM through I2C protocol using DAQ 6009

I am trying to build an application to communicate with a EEPROM through I2C protocol using USB DAQ 6009 from LabVIEW. I cant understand how to make the channel (digital output from the master) as tristate before the slave takes over the data line for sending data/ACK to the master. Currently I have planned to close the task which has the channel as digital output and open the same channel in another task as digital input to read the acknowledge from the slave. Is this right or will there be any problems with it?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,399 Views)

Hi Karthi,

Did you accomplish EEPROM communicating via I2C in USB 6009. If yes can you please share the vi and explain ho you were doing it.

Thanks in Advance.

Fredrick  

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,778 Views)

Hi Frederick,

Unfortunately you won't be able to implement a sucessful I2C communication using a 6009, because this board is software timed which means there isn't a hardware clock reference. For this reason we can't guarantee any synchronization with an I2C device.

Please, next time post new questions on new boards this way your question will be visualized by all user and the forum stays organized.

Regards,

Barbara Pracek
Engenharia de Aplicações
National Instruments Brasil

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,729 Views)