Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing waveform

Hi

First of all I'm sorry if this seems a little hard to understand.

I have a DAQ assistant generating a DC voltage and a 10Hz triangle wave which i generated using simulate signals. All of this is contained within a while loop  (with other actions) with another loop aroUND the DAQ assistant express vi. 

the internal loop iterates until a seperate action (oscilloscope acquisition) has completed (I use a boolean global variable to tell the internal loop that the acquisition has completed). In the next iteration of the while loop  the DC voltage should change and the process repeat.

the problem I am having is that if i set the DAQ assistant to continuous samples the DC voltage remains the same and does not change, and if i wire the global variable that stops the internal loop to stop on the DAQ assistant. generation does not restart when the outer loop moves to the second iteration.

I get close to the functionality I am looking for if i set the DAQ assistant to N samples and set the clockrate based on the input waveform. however this leaves a small time gap inbetweeen each period of the triangle wave. 

Is there a way to adjust a waveform whilst it is continuously generating? 

or a way to avoid this time gap when using Nsamples?

I am sorry but I cant upload the code at the moment but as this forms such a small part im not really sure it would help anyway

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,442 Views)

Hi Gordyh,

Have you tried using the basic DAQ functions to replace the DAQ assistant?

Could you please attach a screen shot of your code?

I am looking forward to your reply.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,404 Views)