Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you daisy chain two Compact DAQ systems together?

Greetings everyone,

I have a signal conditioning application and I have been looking at the Compact DAQ Platform as a solution.
I have a total of 16 TC's channels, a few DIO and a few Analog Out requirements.
I can basicly meet these needs with a single cDAQ system but I would like to have room to expand more in the future.
Does anyone know if it is possible daisy chain more than one cDAQ system together or if it woudl be very difficult to program and run two seperate DAQ systems from my computer.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Thomas

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,860 Views)

Hello Thomas,

It is not possible to "daisy chain" multiple CompactDAQ chassis together, but you can connect multiple chassis to your computer.  Then, you can export the sample clock from one chassis and import it into another if you need to synchronize the two.  There are even two examples that you can look at.   If you look at the examples, you will see that it is not difficult to program this application. 

Regards,
Laura

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,839 Views)

NI, the home of dead links.... Smiley Mad

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,251 Views)

@alkaline3mc wrote:

You probably noticed that these posts were written 9 years ago...

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,244 Views)

@alkaline3mc wrote:

If it helps, using 9469s, you can daisy chain together pretty much as many cDAQ chassis's as you want. Tasks can be configured using channels in all the chassis's you want, as long as they are set up with 9469s and properly wired.. Signals are automatically distributed by the driver.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,219 Views)