Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I use voltage-NI 9221 to measure the inductor current by using LTS-6NP to convert current into reference voltage signal

Dear All,

I'm new in National instrument of MultiDAQ, I have few question about the current sensing.

May I use, hall effect current transducer to convert the current into reference voltage and connect to the NI 9221.

Here's the example circuit : I want to measure the inductor current 

If I used LTS-6NP hall effect current transducer, in the datasheet is given 2.5V= 0A  and 3.125V= 6A as current sensor conversion ratio.

So is that possible to convert the voltage signal to show current value in the graph labview? Because I did this method in microcontroller. But I'm not really sure, can this method apply in NI9221-voltage type. I need to know before purchase this NI9221 and other measurement. Hope someone could explain my doubt or any other solution to measure this inductor current.

Two Transistorv2.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,055 Views)

Hi John1988,

We, as NI employees, cannot give you recommendations on how your external circuitry should work. I hope that you understand. However, once you've gotten the kinks of the circuits worked out, here is a good example on how to read in your voltage into the NI-9221 and graph it in LabVIEW:

NI-DAQmx: Continuously Acquire, Graph - Save to File

http://www.ni.com/example/30007/en/

It will also store in the values into a measurement file. Additionally, the NI-9221 can handle input voltages between -60V and 60V.

Aulia V.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,019 Views)