Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I use the "Lock-in amplifier start-up kit" (for labview 7.1) with the PCI-6052E ?

I've download the Lock-in amplifier start-up kit from the website.
But this kit is for NI 4472.

We already have the PCI-6052E.
Is it possible to run the start-up kit on the PCI-6052E?
The signal we want to measure is
the signal and reference of PEM-80.
The signal is in the 100mV range modulated at 50.32KHz

And can I change the timebase of the scope mode int hte start-up kit?

Thank you.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,745 Views)
Check out this KB.
-Alan A.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,726 Views)
I have see this KB before.

But I don't understand the simultaneous sampling.
"E-Series Data Acquisition Cards multiplex all acquired signals to a single A/D converter. This introduces a slight phase delay between the acquired signals. In the case of the Lock-In Amplifier, the signal to be analyzed would then be phased relative to the acquired reference signal. That phase delay would adversely affect the phase accuracy of the Lock-In Amplifier."
It mean I still can use E-series DAQ card, but the phase maybe not the real phase?

If I can use the E-series DAQ card for a Lock-in Amplifier, what should I change the Lock-in amplifier start-up kit?

Thanks
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,721 Views)
The KB states that yes you can use that kit with a non-DSA board, but with the disclaimer that it will not be as accurate because E Series boards are not capable of simultaneous sampling. Simultaneous sampling, as the KB says, is very important because without it there will be a phase delay between the samples. This phase delay will "adversely affect the phase accuracy of the Lock-In Amplifier". There is nothing in the Lock-in amplifier start-up kit that you can change to make your E Series board capable of simultaneous sampling.
-Alan A.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,702 Views)