Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I use my DAQPad-6015 on Windows 7, 64-bit?

I understand from documents posted on the NI website that I cannot use the old DAQPad-6015 for USB on my new Windows 7 64-bit laptops (Lenovo ThinkPad T450), but it there a way around this? Can I use these laptops in virtual XP mode, using something like Oracle VM Virtualbox? Thank you, in advance.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,650 Views)

Hi sncurrie,

Thanks for posting on the forums! Just so you are aware, this is a legacy product, which means NI no longer formally supports it and there are limited resources regarding the product. If you are starting a new project, I would recommend upgrading to a newer piece of hardware. NI recommends using USB X Series hardware for more channels and higher sampling rates now. 

That being said, since the user manual indicates that you cannot use this device on your Windows 7 computer, that means that it is not supported for use on your Windows 7 machine. This means it is not supported on your Windows 7 VM, either. However, just because a product isn't supported, doesn't mean it won't work. It just means that we can't guarantee that it will work.

Tina K.
Applications Engineering
National Instruments
ni.com/support
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,634 Views)

Thank you for the quick reply.

Until I can get new DAQ hardware, I will try the approach of running these Win 7, 64-bit laptops in virtual XP, 32-bit mode and see if that works as a short-term solution.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,631 Views)

Excuse me. Did you succeed to use DAQPad-6015 in virtual XP, 32-bit mode or in  Oracle VM Virtualbox on Windows 7, 64-bit?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,327 Views)