Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I use DAQ card to aquire signal with third party signal conditioning?

Dear Ni Experts,

I am trying to display an electric signal on personal PC that converted from a photdiode through third party conditioning signal board, can I interface this signla with basic DAQ PCI-6251. the third party board already have shielded cable 68 pin.

Your help greatly appreciated.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,929 Views)
Hello Aneece, Have you found the answer to your question yet? If not then can you give some specific details on the signal coming out of the third party board please? Thanks, Alistair
Best regards,
Ali Bailey
National Instruments

----------------------------------

Don't forget to Kudos useful posts!
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,908 Views)

Hello Ali,

the signal that I would aquire it is coming from a photodector, the photodetector is being connected to an amplifier/signal conditioning. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,895 Views)

As long as the voltage to the DAQ card is within -10V to +10V, you are fine.  We use op-amps to perform signal conditioning before sending the signals to the DAQ cards.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,892 Views)

Thanks crossrulz for the reply, the problem I couldn't manage to know the model of the signal conditioning board that already connected to the photodiode. 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,888 Views)