Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Callback for a state change on Digital Input (6023E)

Hello all,

I need to have a callback function invoked when a state change occurs on DI0.

I tried:

Config_DAQ_Event_Message(1, 1, "DI0", 8, 1, 1, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, LongWord(@MyCallback))

...but it doesn't work! It seems to me 6023E can not handle digital DAQEvents(!?)
How can I force daq-board to generate callback events on digital input state changes?

Thanks in advance,

George Cs.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,890 Views)
Hello,

can you tell me some more details (version /system ....)

perhaps this will help you:

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,878 Views)
in the NI-DAQ Function Reference Manual (Start»Programs»National Instruments»NI-DAQ»NI-DAQ Help.. )you can find out if your board support DAQevents

Message Edited by TimoS on 07-04-2005 09:38 AM

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,875 Views)
Hi TimoS,

I'm using a common PCI 6023E card with traditional daq functions.
Nidaq-help doesn't mention this cardtype in the "usable devices" section of digital-type daq events. Probably 6023E doesn't support this function. But I can't believe it! I can not use a digital input for event triggering?!
Temporarily I use analog input for this task (trigger signal plugged into AI0), so daq handles it as an analog signal, but actually I get digital (TTL) signal, so it's a fake.
(Additionally I need all 16 AI channels for data aquisition.)
I can't figure out how can solve this very simple(?) problem...

- George Cs. -
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,867 Views)
it ´s not possible to trigger a DAQ event with the 6023 on the Digital Line.

You can do this with the 6025E, but with your card the workaround is to use an analog chn.

Message Edited by TimoS on 07-06-2005 06:53 AM

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,851 Views)
I think, you are right. This feature is available only 6025E (in the E series cards). So, I'm forced to use analog input. Unfortunately, in this mode I cannot use DMA, and 1 analog channel is lost from multiple-channel data aquisition.

Thank you for your answers!

- George Cs. -
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,829 Views)