Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

C# write to USB-6001

I already have a task created in MAX.

I am loading the task using Task Setpoint_Task = NationalInstruments.DAQmx.DaqSystem.Local.LoadTask("Setpoint");

The channel is called AO-0 in MAX.

I am not sure what I need to do to set that channel to 5V.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(5,400 Views)

nyc,

When you create a voltage analog output task in NI MAX, you will set the signal output range to a maximum of 5 volts, and then at the top you will set the voltageOut to 5 volts.

William Fernandez

Applications Engineer

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(5,364 Views)

@wfernand wrote:

nyc,

When you create a voltage analog output task in NI MAX, you will set the signal output range to a maximum of 5 volts, and then at the top you will set the voltageOut to 5 volts.

William Fernandez

Applications Engineer

National Instruments

From reading the Help file, it appears that I would need to

Task setpoint_Task = NationalInstruments.DAQmx.DaqSystem.Local.LoadTask("Setpoint");
AOChannel aochannel_setpoint = setpoint_Task.AOChannels[0]; AnalogSingleChannelWriter setpoint = new AnalogSingleChannelWriter(setpoint_Task.Stream); setpoint.WriteSingleSample(true, 5);

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(5,360 Views)

nyc,

I thought that you were asking about how to set up the 5 volts output using NI MAX. The code that you posted seems to be right to me. The following white paper can help you with the DAQmx functions. 

Mapping the NI-DAQmx .NET API to the NI-DAQmx C API - NI-DAQmx .NET Class Library Help for Visual Studio 2010
http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/370473H-01/mstudiowebhelp/html/daqapimapping/

Please give this a try and let me know.

Warm Regards,

William Fernandez
Applications Engineering
National Instruments
www.ni.com/support

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(5,344 Views)

@wfernand wrote:

Mapping the NI-DAQmx .NET API to the NI-DAQmx C API - NI-DAQmx .NET Class Library Help for Visual Studio 2010
http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/370473H-01/mstudiowebhelp/html/daqapimapping/

Thank you for the link, but we are not upgrading from C to C#.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(5,327 Views)