From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Analog and digital (trigger) input on USB-6008

Hi,

I have a NI USB-6008 DAQ and a NI USB-6210.

I would like to record continuous analog signals in DAQmx C++ and ALSO record the times of any triggers seen on the PFI0 input.

I don't need to know the full trigger waveforms, just the time.

Is this possible with either (both) of these devices?

Alternatively, is it possible to gate a continuous analog input, only recording samples when a TTL line is high?

Best wishes,

Chris.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,676 Views)

The USB-6008 is too limited to let you timestamp incoming trigger signals and its AI sample rate is pretty low as well.

The USB-6210 should be capable of both.  Sorry, I'm strictly a LabVIEW guy and can't offer any specific C++ help.   To fully sync the two tasks, you'll probably need to look into configuring an "Arm Start" trigger for the counter task that timestamps the trigger signals.  The same signal would be used as a regular Start trigger for the AI task.

-Kevin P

CAUTION! New LabVIEW adopters -- it's too late for me, but you *can* save yourself. The new subscription policy for LabVIEW puts NI's hand in your wallet for the rest of your working life. Are you sure you're *that* dedicated to LabVIEW? (Summary of my reasons in this post, part of a voluminous thread of mostly complaints starting here).
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,623 Views)