Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Analog Triggering

I have a PCI6110 Board. I'm generating a signal on analog out and reading the return signal back on one of the four input channels of the 6110. It appears the way my code is written that the signal gets back to the input long after the code has executed ( LV 6.1). I'm using intermediate vi's. I guess I want to "setup"( AI Config.vi etc) read acquisition, write out the data then trigger the actual read intermediate vi's with the returning signal. Is this reasonalble approach and HOW DO I DO IT ? It would sound reasonable to select trigger as ANALOG on the start intermediate vi but I don't think this is right. I think it suppose to be DIGITAL A ?? That doesn't make sense if its an analog signal. Is there an example of the code and what signal I
connect for the PCI6110E??PFI0???
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,274 Views)
Greetings,

Setting the analog input trigger for Digital A will setup a digital start trigger, and so you won't want to to that if you're wanting to trigger off of an analog value coming from an analog output channel.

I would take a look at a LabVIEW shipping example entitled 'Cont Acq&Graph (buffered) Hard A-Trig VI' that shows how to configure an analog trigger.

The analog trigger source can either be PFI 0 or the first analog channel in the scan list. So, if you are wanting to trigger off of analog channel 3 and you are reading from analog channels 0,1,2 and 3, channel 3 would have to be first in the scan list (3,0,1,2 for example).

The AI Start VI is the VI with the inputs for configuring triggering. The shipping example I referenced above shows how t
o configure all of the inputs for the AI Start VI to set the trigger.

I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Regards,

Todd D.
NI Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,274 Views)