Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Analog Input Configuration on NI 6036E

I have problem with programming my Application using Ni-DAQ 6036E Series. For your information, I use delphi 2 for developing my application. Please don't ask me why I use version 2 of Delphi.

I have tried so far, my application is work fine, but when I need to digitilized Analog Input with voltage range greater then -5v to +5V, my application did not read correct voltage data.
For example : The voltage on Analog input channel 1 is 3.5 volt, my application readings is 3.5,if the voltage on analog input channel 1 is 5.0 volt the readings is 5.0 volt but if the voltage of analog input is greater then 5v, ie. 6volt, my application readings result is 5.0 volt.

I have tried to change my AI configuration using function call : AI_Configure with command like this :

Function ConfigureAi(ChannelNumber:Integer):String;
var
InMode : Integer;
Range_D : Integer;
Pol_D : Integer;
AISense : Integer;
begin
//=== Func. referrence 2-7
// Status := Ai_Configure(DeviceNumber,ChannelNumber,InputMode,InputRange,Pol_D,AISense);

InMode := 1; //0 = Differential Mode; 1 = RSE;
Range_D := 10; //Ignored
Pol_D := 0; // 0 = Bipolar; 1 = Unipolar
AISense := 0; // Just Ignored for E Series;
{}
Status := Ai_Configure(DeviceNumber,ChannelNumber,InMode,Range_D,Pol_D,AISense);
Result := IntToStr(Status);
end;

my question is :
Did I wrong to configure the AI Config, so that analog voltage input that i could measured only in range -5 to +5V ?

Thank you for your attention.
Susanto W
Electrical Engineering
PT. Showa Indonesia Manufaturing
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,653 Views)
Susanto:

When you do the reads, do you set the gain to -1? Those boards have a basic range of +-5V; you have to use a gain of 0.5 (which is coded in the NI-DAQ Traditional API using -1) to get the +-10V range.
John Weeks

WaveMetrics, Inc.
Phone (503) 620-3001
Fax (503) 620-6754
www.wavemetrics.com
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,646 Views)
Thank you for you answer Mr. John.
My Application works fine now.

Susanto W
0 Kudos