Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding a new NI-DAQmx PCI device to exited software

I have installed one NI-DAQ mx PCI device to the computer. I need to install another one. All the softwares have been installed. How can I let the software know there is another device?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 12
(3,487 Views)

Plug the device into the computer.

Message 2 of 12
(3,480 Views)

Thanks for your help. After the software installed, the new card has been recognized. However, it can not recognize the old card. Do you know if I have two card both installed in the same computer how I can select the card? Or how can it recognize two card?

Thanks a lot!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 12
(3,461 Views)

There should be nothing that you need to do. You can have multiple cards in a pc and each should be listed separately. What are the cards, what version of DAQmx, and what OS?

Message 4 of 12
(3,459 Views)

It is NI PCI-6251.

Here is what I did:

I put the card in the computer. When I started the computer, it asked to install the software. I put the CD in the driver and it automatically installed. Then I wanted to select the channels' function, so I used Daqview. I found the Daqview is reset and all the old card information is gone. There is one Daqview shows on the desktop, and now I can't see the old card's data through it. So I want to know how can I set to watch both of the cards through Daqview?

Thanks a lot!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 12
(3,455 Views)

I have no idea what Daqview is. The configuration program for NI DAQ cards is Measurement & Automation Explorer (MAX). If you have two NI-6251 cards installed, they should both be listed under Devices and Interfaces. Under software, the version of DAQmx will also be listed. If you have a 6251 and a different card, provide that info which I already asked you to provide. If all NI cards are listed in MAX, then everything is installed and setup correctly. Any other problems you will have to contact the Daqview vendor.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 12
(3,451 Views)

The Devices and Interfaces shows there are:

one NI-DAQmx Devices-NI PCI-6251,

PXI system (Unidentified),

and Serial& Parallel, including COM1 and LPT1.

Does it mean there is one 6251 and one PXI system?

How can I view it through the version of DAQmx?

Thank you so much.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12
(3,447 Views)

I am really confused as to what you are doing. The 6251 is the new card, correct? What is the old card that you have in the pc? Is it in fact an NI card or not? Just by looking at the physical cards, you should be able to tell what is in the pc.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 12
(3,445 Views)

Both of them are 6251. I just checked the package. The earlier installed one (bought in 2009) has a light on the card and it is shining. I can't find the light on the new installed one (bought in 2010), so I don't know if it is working or not.

I checked the list of devices, one of the NI DAQ card can be recognized.

Should I just reinstall the new card? If the software has already installed in the computer, what should I do after I reinstall the new card? 

Thank you so much.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 12
(3,440 Views)

It does not sound like it is working. Have you tried swapping slots or placing just the newer card in the pc?

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 12
(3,438 Views)