Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Acquire Samples over a second of time quickly.

Right now Im trying to Acquire a second of data at a rate of 20Ms/S... but this is not possible based on the card that i have, I can only hold about 8Ms per channel in a second of time. I was wondering what would be a good way to get a good sample of this second of time, while still having a good resolution, preferably 20Ms/S. I was thinking of somehow taking 10-100ms chuncks at 20Ms/S out of it, but everyhting just seems to be acting way too slow, and speed is an issue here, as well as getting a good sample of data. The pulses within this second of time will be possibly .5microseconds in pulse width, so I do need a high sampling rate. The pulses will have a period of about 1ms tho so as long as i read atleast 10ms at a ti
me Ill be fine for getting a general idea of how they look.

What methods should I try to overcome this?

Thank you for any help you can give.

Mark

I have LabView 7.1
PXI-5102 Digitizer
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,165 Views)
Mark,

What card are you using? As each of the cards are different, this may make a big difference. We offer the 5620, 5112 and 5122 which can be purchased with sufficient on-board memory for your application (20MS/s * 1s). If you are going to stick with the board you have now, you may be able to do multi-record acquisitions. If you have the 5102 however, it was not designed for this type of measurement and cannot do Multiple Record nor Continuous acquisition.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,165 Views)