Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accelerometer

I am having trouble connecting a single-axis accelerometer to our USB-6210 DAQ. The accelerometer needs a maximum power supply of 5V, but we have an external power supply available if necessary. We can't figure out which terminals we need to connect the accelerometer to since we can't seem to actually get any data during our tests. I attached an image of the accelerometer to show what connections are necessary. If anybody could help us with this, we're pretty lost and would appreciate it!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,012 Views)

Who makes the accelerometer? Can you post a data sheet or link for it?

What is the output range? 

What have you tried?

Lynn

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(4,011 Views)

Info sheet for accelerometer: https://www.sparkfun.com/datasheets/Sensors/Accelerometer/ADXL193.pdf

Accelerometer has a range of 250g

I attached a picture of the connection we tried on the DAQ, but honestly we've tried moving those around a bit too but nothing ever changes. We're using the Measurement & Automation Explorer test panels to check each setup using RSE and Differential reference settings. We have also created a task to check the voltage but are only getting the noise data ranging from +-0.005V.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(4,007 Views)

OK.

Connect the Vdd line on the sensor to +5 V.

Connect the GND line on the sensor to AI GND.

The 5 V and ground connections provide power to the sensor.

Connect the Out line on the sensor to AI0.

Use RSE. Use +/-5 V range.

Note that the value of the output should be about 2.5 V when not accelerating.  Turn the arrow to point up and then to point down. The 1 g acceleration due to gravity should produce a 16 mV change. Also note that the sensor has an internal filter with a 400 Hz cutoff so this will not measure high frequency accelerations, such as impacts.

Lynn

Message 4 of 4
(3,983 Views)