Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AI task and Counter task

Here is the question:

I wanto to acquire voltage and a tacho pulse with a pxi 6250 board. I want to use the AI input channels for the voltage and one counter input for the tacho TTL signal.

I´ve tried to create a task with both, the AI input channels and the counter channel, but I get an error (error code: -200559) which says that I cannot create two different types of channel in the same task and that I need to create one task for each channel type.

But as I understand, the same device cannot run two different tasks at the same time. Am I right? If it is so, how can I acquire both variables (voltage and tacho pulses) simultaneously and with the same device?

I am new in DSA, any comment will be helpful
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,574 Views)

Hello,

You are partially right. The PXI-6250 provides analog input, counters and digital I/O. For each element, you are able to have a Task.
That means, you can have one task for all the analogs input, one for the counter and one for the digital I/O.

In your case, you need to define two task, one for the AI and one for the Counter. And then, it is possible to synchronize the Task together.
For more information about the NI-DAQmx functionalities, look the web page www.ni.com/gettingstarted

Best regards,
Nick_CH

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,564 Views)