Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AI Group Config Error 10001 using Virtual Channels

In my LabVIEW block diagram, I usually enter in numbers, e.g. 0,1,2 for the channel string input of AI Config. When I try to use a virtual channel, I simply type in the virtual channel, e.g. 0,K Thermocouple,2. However, this causes AI Group Config Error 10001, which applies to an invalid channel string. What is the correct way to enter a virtual channel into the channel string?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,463 Views)
Do you have channels with virtual names of "0", and "2"?

If not you may be confusing MAX by using both naming conventions.

Try using only Virtual names.

I generally will use an array of strings where each element is the vitual channel name with no problems.

Ben
Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,462 Views)
Hi Ben,

Thanks for responding. I'm actually trying to mix virtual channels and regular hardware channels. Before ever using MAX, I would access hardware channels by listing them separated by commas in a string. Now that I need a thermocouple reading, I made a virtual channel just for that one channel. Are you saying that I should create virtual channels for every channel I intend to use, even if a VC is not needed (i.e. no conversions or scaling are needed)? Thanks for you help.

Scott
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,462 Views)
I am not saying that you SHOULD.

I am saying that I WOULD.

I never experimneted with mixing the two methods in the same config.

The virtual channel names makes it much easier to track which channel on which device is connected to what.

Ben
Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,462 Views)
Hello;

The best way to select a Virtual channel is by clicking at the small arrow on the right corner of the I/O channel control in Labview, and select the one you want to use of the drop down list that shows with all the Virtual Channels you have configured.

You might be mistyping the name of the channel.

Hope this helps.
Filipe A.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,462 Views)