Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

9925 temperature limits

What is the maximum allowable temperature that the 9925 IP Enclosure can withstand? Our 9191 cdaq will be in a very warm environment and will need to be cooled. Is the enclsosure able to handle warm temperatures? Can it be modified at all to insert a hose for cooling air?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,928 Views)

MBlack,

The 9925 IP Enclosure should be considered to have the same temperature rating as the cDAQ chassis.  It is not designed to insulate against extreme heat; only dust and water.

That being said, there shouldn't be a problem with it getting slightly hotter becuase all it consists of is connectors and other passives.  So long as it's not so hot that things start to deform, you should be good.

How warm are you planning for it to get?

-Jim B
Applications Engineer, National Instruments
CLD, CTD
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,896 Views)

What's about minimum temperatures of about -20°C?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,887 Views)

As per my last post, the enclosure is considered to have the same temperature ratings as the cDAQ inside of it.  For the NI-9191, the operating temperature needs to be kept between 0°C and 55°C and it should not be stored past -10°C or 70°C.

This information can be found on page 10 of the following document

http://www.ni.com/pdf/manuals/374048a.pdf 

-Jim B
CLD, CTD
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,883 Views)

I know the nominal temperatures...

The Question is about extended temperature range....

Die  or survive?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,879 Views)

I'm going to call it and say that you run a much higher risk of NI-9191 death below 0°C than if you operated above that temperature.  We do not spec a temperature below which 100% of devices fail, but below 0°C is where failures start to occur.

-Jim B
CLD, CTD
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,849 Views)