From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

9207 current measurement inaccuracy / offset

Hello

I am using cRIO-9074 with NI9207 for current measurement from pressure transducer 4~20 mA signal. I have observed that the readings mentioned by equipment are slightly offset when compared to a standard digital multi meter for measuring current.

The pressure transducer was supposed to read 0bar and signal = 4mA, When measured with digital multimeter the reading is 4mA and when i use 9207 module to read the same channel i get 0.0037 which is equal to 3.7mA.

Is this the problem with calliberation of i am doing something wrong. All equipment was purchased brand new some months back.

Connection diagram is attached below.

Please help

Best Regards  

Muhammad Usman

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,882 Views)

Have you measured in High speed mode or high resolution mode?

Greetings from Germany
Henrik

LV since v3.1

“ground” is a convenient fantasy

'˙˙˙˙uıɐƃɐ lɐıp puɐ °06 ǝuoɥd ɹnoʎ uɹnʇ ǝsɐǝld 'ʎɹɐuıƃɐɯı sı pǝlɐıp ǝʌɐɥ noʎ ɹǝqɯnu ǝɥʇ'

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,870 Views)

I have checked in both both resolution and high speed mode. Currently it is in high resolution mode. I am also considering to check the caliberation of the external digital mulimeter. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,859 Views)