From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

9191 Not showing Wireless Settings in MAX

I have a new 9191 chassis that I am trying to set up. I have a fresh install of DAQmx 9.9 on a Windows 7-64 Bit laptop. The 9191 is currently hard wired to the network.

MAX finds the chassis, but there are no configuration settings for wlan0:

lan.PNG

Trying to add the device is met with the error:

"Add device has failed. The error report from the device driver is as follows:

Add Device -201039

Object lacks a required property.

Add the required property to the object.

Propert: TCPIP.WirelssIP

Property: TCPIP.WirelessMac

err.PNG

The same result is met when trying to add the device from the network browser or web interface. I am able to ping the deice with no issues. I have tried update to the latest firmware (1.5) as well as several full device resets to no avail. I have also had the same problem running DAQmx 9.8 on another machine.

Help!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(4,915 Views)

Hi zturner,

On the Firmware tab for the device, what is listed as the Current firmware version?  Just wanting to double-check that 1.5 was successfully applied ...

On the device itself, how are the LEDs behaving?

Can you provide a screenshot of your laptop's IP config?  Have you tried making a direct connection between the device and PC, rather than through the network?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(4,863 Views)

Kyle,

The current firmware version is 1.5.1f0.

With the device powered up and connected via ethernet, I have a solid green power lamp and no other active .

Connecting the device directly to my PC will discover the device with the "Find Network Device" utility, but I get the following error when I try to add the device:

error.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(4,756 Views)

Sounds like the device is presenting some defect.  We probably ought to open an RMA request, so we can inspect the hardware.  I'll send you a PM with further instruction.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(4,751 Views)

Kyle,

I've also downgraded to firmware 1.2 just to see if it was a firmware issue. No luck.

I'll await your RMA instructions via PM, thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(4,749 Views)

Hello, I have absolutely the same problem with ni cDAQ-9191 device. I don’t see any fields for wireless settings and I see the same errors. Have you found the solution for this?

Thank you,

Misha.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(3,884 Views)

The Problem fixed! Thank you!

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(3,877 Views)

My unit had to be returned and replaced under warranty. The comments said something about a hardware failure, but they were not specific.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(3,874 Views)

Hi Ztuner, in my case the problem was in Wi-Fi module inside cDAQ-9191. I dont know how and what the reason, but after a lot of times trying to find Wi-Fi Adapter in MAXI desided to disassembled cDAQ-9191 and discovered, that Wi-Fi module was out of slot. It was a little bit displasement. Very strange. No blow, no falls. Now all fine.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(3,871 Views)