From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

6025 analog output chages by ~20mV randomly

I have been using the 6025 for years. In my last implementation I am seeing the Analog Output change by ~20mV after the first Output run in which the welder had a large quick signal spikes. The enviroment has lots of noise. It is a welder inclosure that is controlled by the 6025 and also monitored by the 6025. There are very high voltages and currents. (> 1000V and 100A) We are collect and outputing data at around 100kS on 2 outputs and 3 inputs. Before anyone answers that the card is only rated at 10kS on the output, when we started using the card it was rated at 100kS output. We do not have any problems achiving these rates. The funny thing about the problem is that when I do a reset using the LabVIEW device reset VI inside of the program after the offset takes place. I no long see the offset problem happening until I reboot the machine. What configuration does the Reset but the cards into. I know its defaults, but doesnt the card inialize to its defaults when booting a compiled LabVIEW program. What are the default settings.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,445 Views)
I would calibrate you board. You can do this in Measurement and Automation Explorer (MAX), but you have to use DAQmx and not Traditional DAQ. To do this, launch MAX and on the lefthand side expand My System>>Devices and Interfaces>>NI-DAQmx Devices, right click on your 6025 card and select self calibrate. This should only take a couple of minutes. I think this could fix the offset you are seeing.

You can find the default settings by right clicking on your device and selecting Properties. I don't think that your card is initialized to its default settings when you reboot LabVIEW.

Hope this helps.

JenK
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,424 Views)