From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5B37 Setup

I have a 5B01 backplane and am trying to get a temperature measurement with a 5b37 module and I can't figure out how to set up the channel in the Measurement & Automation explorer. Should it be a thermocouple or a voltage reading? Also, what should the limits be for the reading. The module I have is for a Type K with 0-5V output, but the number I see correspond to very low temperatures. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have installed 5b30's and get a scaled voltage output correctly from them. So, I think the DAQ setup is correct.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,434 Views)
I'm not familiar with using the 5B series in the Measurement and Automation Explorer, but from the information that I can gather, you will want to configure the reading to be voltage. The 5B37 is a non-linear module, hence I don't think you will want to use temperature scaling provided by the DAQ driver.

To start, I suggest placing the limits at the maximum and minimum values allowed by the 5B37. This informatin can be found in the 5B manual on page 2-11.

I'll include some links below which I think you will find helpful. Best of luck.

How to Use 5B Series Modules with the DAQ Channel Wizard
Can I use the 5B37 Thermocouple Module with the DAQ Channel Wizard?
5B Series User Manual

Jared A
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,434 Views)
Thanks for the response. I went looking thru all of these again, and actually found out that I had the device set up wrong. HTe channels were set to NRSE, but the PCI card was not. Once I set that correctly and used the VI provided for the 5B37 module, everything worked perfect. Thanks for the help.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,434 Views)