Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

200018 error with PXIe-6124 with new computer

I have a PXIe-6124 inside a PXIe-1073 chassis.

It used to work fine with up to 4M/s AO.

We upgraded with a new computer, since then the AO can only output below ~650k/s.

The error message is 200018. DAC conversion attempted before data to be converted was available.

I have set the data transfer to DMA.

The test VIs are the examples provided by NI: hardwareinput and output/DAQmx/analog output

I have tried both continuous ouput VIs (non-regeneration and regular one).

Before switching to the new computer, the programs works fine.

What could be wrong or causing this issue?

Thanks,

Guang

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(4,416 Views)

Try looking at the sampling clocks you are referencing as well as the amount of data you are passing each loop iteration.  From what I have been able to find, this is a pretty common error that occurs when you are transferring data and when it tries to wait for more data in the buffer before passing it, but by the time those samples arrive, the DAC has already tried to do the conversion.

Here is another forum post with the same error: https://forums.ni.com/t5/Multifunction-DAQ/poor-analog-output-performance-error-200018/td-p/1525156

As well as a community example that detaileds and shows how these situations occur: https://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-15893

Aaron L.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(4,400 Views)

Hi,

I am using the example from NI.

The front panel is attached.

the clock is the onboard clock.

The card is doing only the AO.

I also added the channel property settings to set the data transfer to DMA and onboard memory less than full as the other post suggested.

But the result is still bad.

The PXIe-6124 can output below 600k sample rate without any problem.

If I run it above 700k, it still report 200018 error, no matter what # of samples I use, or change other property settings.

I did verify though that if I use a file to load the sample and use on board memory only, it can run at 4MHz.

But this will limit the AO to be periodic wave with less than 8191 points.

As I mentioned in my original post, the card worked fine with the old computer.

The new computer is a much more powerful model.

When I switched the card back to the old computer, it works fine.

Has anyone seen similar issue like this?

Thanks,

Guang

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(4,394 Views)

Hi,

I tried the different sample rate again.

The threshold is 666.66kHz.

It works fine at or below this sample rate, but generates 200018 error above this sample rate.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(4,385 Views)

What are the differences between the old computer and the new one?  You said the new system is more powerful, but is it the same OS, driver versions, security software, ... ?  Are you using the same PXI chassis and (MXI??) controller?  What else is different about the setup?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(4,381 Views)

We are using the same PXI 1073 and same MXI card.

Both computers have windows 7 64bit.

The new computer has more memory and faster CPU, which is the reason we are doing the upgrade.

We installed all the drivers, but I did not check the versions.

The NI MAX shows the devices are working fine.

It's corporate computer, so the sequrity software is just standard, should be the same.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(4,378 Views)