Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 Signal OUT and 8 Signal IN DAQ project getting error -200477

I am creating a new program for data acquisition for a lab I volunteer in on campus. The Lab wants me to create two analog signals (one to be used as a clock to sync readings taken by the lab and readings taken by an outside commercial sleep lab), and acquire 8 signals with a frequency of at least 1kHz per channel. The lab has two DAQ devices (1. An NI USB-6008 and 2. An NI USB-6218) and I have an NI myDAQ which I am currently using to make and acquire all of the signals. My main issue is that when I currently run the program, I am getting an error message which says Error -200477 is occuring in the times signal loop (the Specified operation cannot be performed when the re are no devices in the task). I have included a screen capture of the error message below along with the project I have developed so far. However, this error does not make sense to me as I am specifying the devices to use in my settings which I will also screen capture and include below. Please help me figure out where this error is coming from and what I can do to fix it. Thanks for any help I can get!!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,842 Views)

I re-read what I posted above and I wanted to make it clearer that I am currently using all three devices to generate and acquire the signals. I am using the NI MyDAQ and the NI 6008 to generate the timing signal and the Fnirs signal, and I am using the NI 6218 to acquire 8 signals.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,835 Views)

Hi Jepsenkc! 

I tried looking through your code, but I couldn't find the specific section where you configured the that you show in your second image. Could you specify which VI that screen shot refers to? 

Also, I what's going on in your Time Signal Loop VI? I took a look at it, and couldn't find anything weird about it. What happens when you turn on highlight execution and then run that specific VI?

Message 3 of 4
(3,767 Views)

Thanks Chantastic!

I spent a few days away from this project to give my perspective some rest. After doing that I realized that I didn't tell my Timing or Fnirs Loops to update the settings via the "Broadcast Settings" case of my UI loop on the main VI. I appreciate you spending the time to look through my code though but I am really sorry to waste your time. I will give you the kudo's anyway for your time.

If you are still curious, the answer to your question about where I configure the settings I showed in my immage: in the "Launch Settings Dialog" case of my UI Loop in the Main VI, I call the "Settings Dialog" VI which handles the user input for the settings.

I am still having problems now with error codes about the Logging. Specifically error 6 in the TDMS open VI, but I will work on this a little longer myself before I waste anyone's time again. I will post back if I can't figure it out in a few days.

Hope this reply helps anyone who is curious about the VI I created.

Thanks again for your help Chantastic!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,740 Views)