Motion Control and Motor Drives

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sisu 1004 - Drive Issues - error -70227

Hello, I have an NI SISU 1004 Module that I am trying to use it to drive an ISM 7402 Stepper motor. I am using the example program provided with the kit, to get an idea of how it works, and learn how to program with it. Hopefully in the future I will be able to use it for PID motor control using an encoder feedback, which was my original intent up until now. My problem starts after compilation of the FPGA VI, it executes, and then I execute the RT VI. After waiting an X amount of time, the "Ready" light goes green and I press "Move", the motor moves as expected. However, if I stop the VI and then start again, I am presented with the following error message.

"Error: -70227"

"Straight-Line Move when executing 'Start' on Axis 2 at Invoke Node in nimc.ax.straightLineMove.startStraightLineMove.axis.modeVelocity.0.vi:5440002->SISU-1004 NI SoftMotion UDV 4-Axis Ex RT.vi"

The example program was designed for a cRIO 9073, I am using a 9074, and I changed the project chassis to reflect this. The only seeming way to solve the issue is to recompile the FPGA VI, which takes over an hour to do. Another method I arrived at to working around is by randomly running and stopping the FPGA VI, and the RT VI several times, but this too is time consuming. It had come to the point where I just couldn't ignore anymore. I have spent several hours trying to figure out the problem. I cannot find any documentation, or previous user issues that lead me solution to this problem.

The only thing that I found for -70227 was NIMC_driveNotEnabledError in the Help for SoftMotion. I searched online and the solutions I arrived at were to:

- Redeploy all

- Deploy axis before running VI

- Use the Power command or enable the Enable Drive on Transition to Active Mode checkbox on the Axis Setup page of the Axis Configuration dialog box to enable the drive.

I tried the first two with no success. I also attempted doing the third method, same issue. Infact, I can't even Enable Drive because it's grayed out.

I am new to this program, and its concepts, still learning. Is there anyone who can help me?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 16
(7,536 Views)

I am replying because for some reason the forum no longer allows me to edit my original post.

When I open Interactive Test Panel, I get an error -70229. I have read that this may have been an issue in Labview 2009. This does not make sense because I am using the latest version, Labview 2014.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 16
(7,518 Views)

Hi blackbird307,

I'm working to set this up and see if I can figure this out.  In the meantime, can you send me a MAX technical report for your computer?  Go to NI MAX and click File>>Create Report and create the technical report, then post it here.  Thanks!

Julian R.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 16
(7,495 Views)

Hi blackbird307,

Incidentally, have you opened a service request for this issue with us here in the Applications Engineering department?

Julian R.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 16
(7,491 Views)

I have not open a service request yet, I will however do so sometime soon.

Attached to this reply is the Technical Report as requested. I took this report without compiling anything, if you need a report with the FPGA compiled, let me know.

Thanks again for the help.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 16
(7,474 Views)

Hi blackbird307,

We don't need the FPGA-compiled report.  Still working on getting the system set up.  Thanks for sending the file over!

Julian R.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 16
(7,453 Views)

Hi,

I get a similar error. I couldn't even run the example for first time. Enable Drive is grayed out, and I am getting the error 70228 in the interactive test panel.

If I run the RT.vi and I get another error 8540 saying that no axes are bounded to the UDV Generic variables.

All the FPGA User Defined Variables are deployed, cRIO is in FPGA mode, the FPGA is compiled and that you can run it independently on the FPGA (without RT running), and the RT code is using the correct FPGA reference (the correct FPGA bitfile).

I am trying to solve this problem for two days and still it is no working. I have openned the service request (Reference#2472024). 

I am relatively new to Labview enviroment. Could someone please help me out?

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 16
(6,764 Views)

Hi itorrano,

You can clear this error by manually downloading the FPGA bitfile to the cRIO. This seems to be due to a quirk with using the cRIO in hybrid mode with Scan Engine and FPGA mode. Once you do this, you should be able to run the project. Please see below on how to do this:

After this is set, compile the VI. Once compiled, open the RIO Device Setup utility located at Start » Program Files » National Instruments » NI-RIO » RIO Device Setup. In the Device Settings tab, ensure that you choose either Autoload VI on device powerup or Autoload VI on device reboot and apply the settings. Finally, click the Download Bitfile to Flash tab and select your compiled VI’s bitfile. By default, this will be located in the same folder as your project.

How Can I Have My FPGA VI Run At Boot?

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/BC513C2A0DC29C89862574BF0002B0B9

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 16
(6,744 Views)

Hi Frank,

Thank you so much for your support. I tried what you mention but still does not work. I get the same error 8540 in the VI.

I wonder why in my FPGA Target properties I do not have the option "Run when loaded to FPGA" as in the link that you provide. I enclose a photo for you to see.

Yesterday I managed to move the motor through the "interactive test panel", so I guess that the wiring is ok. 

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 16
(6,721 Views)

That option is under the Build Specifications, and you may have to create a new build specification if you don't have one already. I believe that you are looking under Properties for the FPGA Target. That error might be related to the FPGA not running when the RT program is running. Would you send a screen shot of your project please?

Also, what version of LabVIEW, RT, FPGA, and Softmotion are you using? 

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 16
(6,707 Views)