Motion Control and Motor Drives

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sensorless control DC motor based on mathematical model

Hi,

I have DC motor, I put together mathematical model and transfer function of torque, speed and position PI control too.

Can someone help me to implement it to real process? I need control real DC motor with H-bridge with sensorless method based on mathematical model. (using LW card 6211)

Thank you veru much.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(4,977 Views)

Dear Džon,

First of all, welcome to the NI Forums!

In order to actually implement a control system, you will either need Control Design and Simulation Toolkit  ( http://sine.ni.com/nips/cds/view/p/lang/hu/nid/13854 )
or you will have to calculate the inverse Laplace of your resulting function and implement the numerical model. 
By implementation I mean that you will most likely have to use numerical Integration.

How you should do it is the following:

Get the highest order of the outputs derivate to the left side of you equation -->      a_n * Y^(n) = ....
where a_n is your coefficient resulted to Y^(n), then divide by a_n so you have something like: Y^(n) = ...
after this you must integrate n times in respect to time. So you will have the y(t) resulting function in time domain.

From there you must implement the equation on the right hand side with numerical methods. At the end you will most likely have a DAQmx task or an Express VI to actually output your control signal. (for that please refer to the examples of analog output / PWM)

However, if you have access to Control Design and Simulation Toolkit. You may realise your system in a simulation loop as replicate your block diagram structure. (Please check examples installed with the toolkit) 

If you have a specific question then please feel free to ask, and provide as much detail as possible.

Best regards,

Peter

Peter L.
National Instruments Hungary
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(4,939 Views)