Motion Control and Motor Drives

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

robotics

I'm working on an instructional robot using the Tetrix/Lego NXT system.  I can't understand why the Labview VI for the motor controller delivers an error (Motors: multiple controllers specified) when one of the motors on the HiTechnic contoller is configured to run in reverse.  The robot uses differntial motor speeds to steer.  If neither motor is reversed, I get no error.  Someone please explain.  I had no luck searching for this problem solution. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(4,175 Views)

Hi Bushedo,

I would recommend posting this thread in a different forum that is more specific to NXT and FIRST. (Can be found here: https://decibel.ni.com/content/community/academic/student_competitions/ftc?view=discussions&start=0)

As for your question, I have found a post in the thread I recommend that details the problem and solution (found here: https://decibel.ni.com/content/thread/19289).

Aaron L.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(4,153 Views)

Aaron,

Thanks for your reply, but the links failed and a search for NXT or Tetrix shows only my post and your reply.  

Eeric Werkowitz

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(4,143 Views)

Its located in the Academic community forum under student competitions and discussions.  It may be easier to navigate there through google.  I was able to find it as the first post when I searched "multiple controllers specified"

Aaron L.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(4,130 Views)

Thanks, Aaron.  I found that thread, but it doesn't seem to apply to my particular problem  I'm missing something about how either the code is generated or how the motor controller functions.  I'm only using two motors, but when I reverse direction of one of the motors in the schematic editor, it gets the errror about multiple controllers being specified.  I'll try posting on that forum, though.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(4,125 Views)