Motion Control and Motor Drives

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

proportional solenoid control valve with crio 9074

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to design a labview code to control a proportional valve on an airbrake system (dumping). Does anyone has a written code to control these kind of valves?

thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(4,741 Views)

Could you tell us more about exactly what your application needs to do so that even if we do not have code we could at least point you in the right direction and find relevant resources for you?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(4,725 Views)

Thanks for the reply.

Actually I'm doing my internship  in a company. They gave me a compact rio 9074 and Labview software They showed me an airbrake system of a locomotive. their main objective is for me to :

1. Design a labview program to monitor and read the Pressures of the air reservoirs in the airbrake.

2. Send an output to open the valves for dumping the air

3. And setup a multi-client Server system so all the computers in the network can be able to access the airbrake unit

At this point in time, I have been able to designed the multiclient server system using the STM in NI website.. I'm able to read the pressures from all the reservoirs. and send them over the entire network.

The challenge I'm having now is to control those valves from my host computers. I wanted to use the PWM option in Crio, but the Crio 9074 they gave me doesn't have that option activated. It only have the counter and the quadrature options for digital signal.

The airbrake has two proportional valves, digital and analog valves.  I was thinking of using a PID Controller since this valves are proportional but don't really know how to do it or maybe some other way.

I have a copy of the data sheets for the valves

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(4,720 Views)

Hi micahdan,

What inputs do the valves need in order to be controlled?  Do you have a particular module that is outputting those signals?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(4,703 Views)

Thanks for the reply,

the valve needs A PWM input with a frequency range of 80Hz to 6Kz. I' m suppose to use the DO module to control it but the compactrio does not support PWM FOR any of the modules. the Valve is a Burkert Type 6223 and the controller of the valve is Burkert type 8065

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(4,697 Views)

I did some searching for PWM on cRIO and noticed that the NI Example Finder within LabVIEW has an example that might be helpful for you.  If you open up the example finder and navigate through Hardware Input and Output -> CompactRIO -> NI Scan Engine -> Advanced, there is a Specialty Digital Configuration - Pulse Width Modulation Mode.lvproj.  The route and VI may be slightly different depending on your version of LabVIEW.

Take a look and see if this is helpful for your application!  Its existence, at the very least, seems to be evidence that there is some PWM capabilities on the cRIO

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(4,653 Views)

thanks for your help men. so grateful

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(4,641 Views)