Motion Control and Motor Drives

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pid to control a sawtooth waveform as output to system

Hey Guys,

I know the topic name doesnt sound right. I am very new to LabView so needed some help. My task is to take the output voltage from a capacitance gauge that is measuring the displacement of a linear 1-D motion rectangular block, and compare it with the set displacement value and pass the error into a PID controller. The ouput of the pid controller needs to be fed into a signal generator that creates a sawtooth like waveform that is fed into an amplifier and consequently passed on to a couple of piezoelectrics(like a piezomotor) that achieve the 1-D motion of this rectangular box. How do I go about doing this? 

Thanks,

RB

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,811 Views)

RB,

If you are curious about how PID works within LabVIEW, my suggestion is to go to the LabVIEW example finder (Help->Find Examples in any LabVIEW window), navigate to the search tab and enter keyword "pid". There are several examples but my favorites are the General PID simulators.

Austin
Staff Software Engineer
NI
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,789 Views)

Hi

I developed a ST generator as PWM carrier. If you go to www.ped-board.com you can download some example project where you can find the FPGA code. It can be controlled with respect to frequency etc...

Cheers

AL3

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,745 Views)