Motion Control and Motor Drives

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

motor code

Solved!
Go to solution

Is this similar to the question you're asking here?

http://forums.ni.com/t5/Motion-Control-and-Motor-Drives/merge-two-vi/m-p/1910433/highlight/false#M11...

Ravi A.
National Instruments | Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 21 of 25
(2,628 Views)

Hi Ravi,

I'm wondering if there's any function that when I set to speed to specific value and the motor starts gradually toward that target value and also after I stop the motor the speed gradually decrease back to 0.

Thank you,

CKH

0 Kudos
Message 22 of 25
(2,616 Views)

You can use the Load Acceleration VI to set the maximum acceleration for a certain axis. It definitely helps for you to click around the Vision and Motion palette under "NI 73XX" and look at all the VI available to you. You can also look at the LabVIEW Help, and these will detail the functionality of these VIs. This way, you can find VIs like these on your own and code a lot faster. 🙂

Ravi A.
0 Kudos
Message 23 of 25
(2,610 Views)

Hi, I'm not sure whether this is the right place for asking this question or not and if not, then please guide me to the right place for asking such question. Thanks.

I have a stepper motor with the Vector Network Analyzer Anritsu MS4623B. I got it up and running with the LabWindows/CVI. I need to sync the motion of the stepper motor with my data acquisition. Basically, I have to acquire the data in a way that in the start the motor will come back to home position wherever it was and then I want to move it to the specific position to do the measurements (For Example, I want to measure the 40 GHz channel between 1m to 3m movement of a stepper motor on a linear positioning system (ball-screw)). I've interfaced the VNA with the PC using LabWindows/CVI and I've controlled the clockwise and anti-clockwise movements of the stepper motor using LabWindows/CVI but I'm unable to sync the system in a way that whenever I run the code, the motor will run back to the home position and then move to a specific measurement start position and move till the end position and in between do the increment and stop and acquire the data. Is there any one to help me please? It's really urgent please and I'm doing this thing first time so please guide me in a proper way. I shall really apprecaite that and will be highly obliged with you. Thanks for your time and concern.

Thanks and Regards.

:smileyhappy:

0 Kudos
Message 24 of 25
(2,599 Views)

Hi there, AliT.

This is a unique question, so it's probably best to continue it only in the place you've started a new thread: http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabWindows-CVI/Controlling-stepper-motor-using-LabWindows-CVI/m-p/1943859.

Just so you know, in the future, it's best to only add on to a previous thread if you have a question directly related to the original. This is good because it allows you to be the focus of that particular new thread. 🙂

Ravi A.
0 Kudos
Message 25 of 25
(2,590 Views)