From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Motion Control and Motor Drives

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

motion control using LabView

You have not provided the model number for the motor or its manual that describes the serial communication. It's unlikely that you will get a VI but if you post your code with the VISA functions you are attempting to use, someone can probably help.
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 18
(2,625 Views)

In LabVIEW, if you navigate to Help >> Find Examples, and then search for "motor", there are several motor control VIs for different brands of motors.  Depending on your end goal one or some of those should have some good information. There is also a good tutorial for motor control linked here:

Teach Tough Concepts: Closed-Loop Control with LabVIEW and a DC Motor

http://www.ni.com/white-paper/12944/en/

There are also examples linked to the documents I posted before.

Regards,
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 18
(2,619 Views)

Sorry to ask again. Is my MD 125 Microstep Drive from Oregon Microsystems supported by NI Labview ?

Thanks,

Bharath J S

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 18
(2,610 Views)

And is it possible to control my drive using PCIe 6321 and SCB 68 connector block. If so what are the pins in the SCB-68 to which I need to connect the wires from my stepper motor drive.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 18
(2,605 Views)

It depends on what you mean by "supported."  We don't appear to have any drivers for the drive, but the signals necessary to operate the device are simple and should be obtainabile through most cards.

Regards,
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 18
(2,583 Views)

It should be possible.  You will need to connect everything and check the pin mapping of the SCB-68 in MAX.  From there, use the datasheet for the drive to source the necessary signals.  Most of the pins on the drive just need a simple DV 5V, or a simple step, which you can source from the analog and digital lines respectively on the card.

Regards,
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 18
(2,582 Views)

Thanks. Can I get an example VI as how to generate those required signals. 

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 18
(2,572 Views)

It is  unlikely.  Because the application is specific to the drive you are using, it is unlikely that there is an example with that specific drive. That's not to say one doesn't exist, but just that I haven't been able to find one.

Regards,
0 Kudos
Message 18 of 18
(2,564 Views)