From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Motion Control and Motor Drives

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

labview examples for Newport rotation stage Model URS50BBC

Hi there,

I am currently wanting to control the motion of the motorised mount using Labview, but I dont have examples, Can you ,possibly, help me please?

The mount Model is: Newport rotation stage Model URS50BBC.

Thank you ,

Maab

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(5,990 Views)

I downloeded the driver and examples for it from this websit:

http://www.newport.com/URS-Series-Precision-Rotation-Stages/303761/1033/info.aspx#tab_Literature

But they didnt work, there are some question marks appeared in the block diagram!

Can anyone know about that?

Any advise is appreciated 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(5,930 Views)

Hi Misk,

The question marks which appear on the block diagram indicate that you don't have the relative functions in your LabVIEW package. Depending upon the functions, the relevant toolkits can be downloaded and installed. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(5,836 Views)

Hi CasiL,

Thank you for this.

I doenloaded them, and it is Ok now, however , the example need COM adress ,when I put 1 , it says : failed in connection and somthing about VISA identification..

I dont know how can I found VISA or code library,I will attach the error box.

Thank you very much,

Maab

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(5,814 Views)
You need to install NI-VISA as a search for that error would have shown you. The latest - http://www.ni.com/download/ni-visa-14.0.1/5023/en/
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(5,796 Views)

Hi there,

Thank you Dennis Knutson for that , I downloaded tha VISA from the website, however it still doesnt work ..

When I run the virtual control pannel vi , it doesnt connect and apears: NOT referenced from reset as see in the attached picture.

Can anyonr helps me please?

Regards,

Maab

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(5,750 Views)
Have you asked Newport? It's their code and hardware. I have neither do I can't reproduce the problem. From that image, I can't even tell where the error is being generated.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(5,738 Views)

Yes, I asked them ..they said that I have to home the stage before the cotroller , as I am new to labview , I dont know how to home the stage..

Can you see the attached  picture , the problem in this sub vi , I think..

Any advice is appreciated ,

Many thanks

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(5,724 Views)

Sorry , her the picture..

Regards

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(5,723 Views)

Hi there , 

I solved it , it somthing related to NI MAX .

However , can someone advise me how to control this Newport motor stage with COHERENT power meter , I can control them by labview but seperately , but how can I run them in the sametime by labview?

Any advice and suggession are appreciated ,

Many thanks,

Maab

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(5,708 Views)