Motion Control and Motor Drives

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

kollmorgen

Hello ,

I am trying to communicate with Kollmorgen Drive AKD and , I am able to communicatw with Telnet. I am able to send commands also like DRV.OPMODE , DRV.EN , DRV.DIS. and I am getting the response also. I am trying to figure it out how to run the servo motor , like what set of commands I need to send to make the motor run via Labview. I am able to run via Kollmorgen AKD workbench.

Any help is appreciated. Thank You in advance.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(5,675 Views)

Hi gbedi, 

NI and Kollmorgen have a close partnership; NI sells the Kollmorgen catelog of drives and motors, and we've worked closely with Kollmorgen to integrate the AKD into our LabVIEW SoftMotion module. See this video for an overview of communicating to the drives via EtherCAT. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AbC-x6APw3Y

You can also communicate through analog or step/dir signals from our drive interface modules, the NI 9514 and NI 9512. 

If you are looking to communicate directly from a Windows PC and not from a LabVIEW RT controller, then please see this post describing Ethernet/IP, Modbus, etc...

Best Regards,

Nate

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(5,673 Views)

I am already communicating through Telnet and that's what my company has told me to do. when I was reading the command book from Kollmorgen , ther are like thousands of command. I just want to know what are the sets of command which I need to send to make the AKD motor move.

So that I have a direction to proceed.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(5,670 Views)

Do you have to purchase the SoftMotion Module?  Or can it be downloaded for free?  Thanks!

Silvia

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(4,849 Views)

The latest version of SoftMotion can be installed without activating the product for limited functionality. You can download it from ni.com/download and see if the free functions will get you what you are looking for!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(4,832 Views)