Motion Control and Motor Drives

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

conex-cc

Hi all,

Does anyone have any experience with Conex-CC motor? I have the LTA-HS model and I want to make it move... I am really clueless on how to do it and any guidence would be apriciated. Even general information about how to use external drivers or motors with LabVIEW.

Any help would help 🙂

(Hope I'm in the right forum)

Thanks in advance,

Vlad.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(5,008 Views)

Hey VladFialkov,

I don't ahve any experience with these controllers, but it looks like there is a LabVIEW driver on their website. You can find it here:

http://assets.newport.com/webDocuments-EN/images/CONEX_LabVIEW_Drivers_v201403.zip

That should get you started, but let us know if you have any trouble.

Tanner B.
Systems R&D Engineer - Aerospace, Defense, and Government
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(4,987 Views)

Thanks for the reply!

Yes I am aware of those drivers, I downloaded them and tried to use them but with no success. There is an example also of a code but it doesnt seem to work for me, I also want to do it myself and not to use the provided code (with the drivers of course).

I know this is abit out of the blue for someone who hasn't used it, but maybe there is some general information about how to start working with controllers that are not made by NI.

Some example codes, videos, texts, threads, anything that can help me to get started (I just want to even move my controller forward/backward to begin with).

I don't know if you can completely understand my intentions but hopefully there is some guide or tutorial for this.

Thanks alot in advance,

Vlad.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(4,966 Views)

Vlad,

Because there are so many 3rd party devices it's hard to identify a universal way to interact with ALL instruments, but it looks like this device probably enumerates as a serial device, and you could use VISA to communicate with it using the commands given in the Command Interface Manual:

http://assets.newport.com/webDocuments-EN/images/CONEX-CC_Command_Interface_Manual.pdf

It shouldn't be too bad, but it's non-trivial. I would recommend reading up on their LabVIEW driver and seeing if you can get that to work, but specifics about that particular driver are probably better answered by their support.

Tanner B.
Systems R&D Engineer - Aerospace, Defense, and Government
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(4,948 Views)
Thanks alot Tanner!

I have managed to get it working with a simple driver VI to start communication, a while loop with the code and an end communication VI from the drivers.

Thanks again for your help and effort.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(4,945 Views)