From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Motion Control and Motor Drives

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

breakpoint motion

i'm new with NI motion and i want use breakpoint to trigger an external device,i use a PCI 7344 and UMI 7604. when i turn my VI the axis statue indicate that the breakpoint is occured but in the output breakpoint there is nothing it doesn't change (i use oscillator scope to visualize the signal)
could you help me please

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(3,931 Views)

Hey there.

When you say that it doesn't change, did you mean you are able to see the breakpoint on your oscilloscope, but that the boolean remains unlit? If not, where/how are you seeing that the breakpoint occurred? Also, do you mean that the status from the error wire in your VI says the breakpoint occurred? 

Eden K
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(3,911 Views)

hello Eden K

I saw the change in the position breakpoint of axis status VI and when i use the interactive front of MAX which indicate that the breakpoint has occurred but in the inverse direction , i mean: when i fixed my breakpoint at 200 count, the MAX indicate that the breakpoint has occurred when i move the motor from 400 to 0 step and not in the inverse case, i didn't know why?and if that has relation with the first problem.

thanks for your help

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(3,898 Views)

I'm going to look into this and see if I can figure out why or find some next steps for you to try.

Eden K
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(3,870 Views)

thanks a lot

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(3,856 Views)

I see that in your example compared to the Breakpoint VI from the example finder, it's essentially the same except you've switched the positions of the load breakpoint position and configure breakpoint VIs. Was there any reason that you switched these? Does it work if you run the example? What have you been selecting for your Action on the configure breakpoint VI? The default in the VI you sent seems to be Set on Breakpoint. Are you able to see a pulse if you set the Action to "Create Pulse on Breakpoint"?

Eden K
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(3,816 Views)

thanks a lot Eden K

now it works, i think it was a problem with my configuration.the encoder position must reached the position of the breakpoint  not  the steps that i configured to the motor .

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(3,809 Views)

Glad to hear! Best of luck moving forward!

Eden K
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(3,800 Views)