Motion Control and Motor Drives

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

actuator motor

Hi Guys, 

Please I am having problems interfacing my motor with Lbaview. I am new to using labview and I am working on project to control the air flow. I am using Johnson's control motor M9116. This is the page for the motor ftp://polly.bsteknikk.no/Johnson%20Controls/JCN_Stotte/Jci_cat/hvac/hvac_GB/Damper_Actuator/M9116_24... Please can anyone help me with what pin do I need to connect to myNI Daq to control this motor.

Regards

Manni

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(6,028 Views)

Hi Manni123,

The link to your motor specification doesn't work, but in any case you need to work out what signals to send to the motor controller to make it behave how you want (analogue/digital etc.).

Once you know the appropriate type of control signal to send, you can then connect the control line to an digital or analogue output and control it through DAQmx. There are examples for digital and analogue output using DAQmx in the NI example finder under the Hardware Input and Output>>DAQmx category, I suggest taking a look at these.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(6,000 Views)

Hi Adam,

Thanks a lot for your reply, I have attached the datasheet of the actuator I want to control so that you can have a look at it. I will chek the help in the labview but please can you check this datasheet and see the type of motor I want to control 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(5,982 Views)

That datasheet covers all the models, and there are different control methods.  Which one do you have?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(5,962 Views)

Hi Highland_Contr,

I am using the M9116 model.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(5,958 Views)

I think you are still missing something.  There should be more to the part number.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(5,955 Views)

I don't get you. Doesn't the datasheet have all the part number ?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(5,951 Views)

I am saying you have not given us your complete part number.  What type of feedback does your actuator have? How about control?

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(5,947 Views)

I have built a temperature VI for RTD, depending on the setpoint of the temperature VI, I want my actuator to turn to a desired direction. If you look at the datasheet of the M9116, its feedback is at pin 6 which tells you the voltage correspondance to the angle. I believe my Feedback will be the temperature sensor PT100. I don't know if I have answered your question ?

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(5,943 Views)

This is my temperature VI.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(5,942 Views)