Motion Control and Motor Drives

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XPS motion controller help using abort command / trigger input data acquisition

Hi, I'm currently figuring out how to use an XPS controller with Labview. I have followed a technical note and made a simple VI which sends a motor to a target position and reads off the position on a graph.

What I'm currently struggling to do is something I thought would be quite simple - abort the motion mid way through.

I have attached my current attempt to do so but it isn't working currently. The button doesn't seem to work at all when the motion is occuring.

The eventual goal I am working towards with the controller is to have a group on a continuous motion back and forth, and acquire positional data based on a trigger input. If anyone has experience of using the trigger in on an xps like this with labview I would be interested to see an example.

I am reasonably new to Labview (though I have done the core1&2 courses) so if there is something completely wrong/bad practice do let me know.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Nishal 

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,340 Views)

Hi there,

Do the subVIs here execute the entire movement before progressing? If this is the case, the loop might never react to the button press.

-Michael

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,314 Views)

Yes, the issue I'm having is the subVI which does the absolute move has to execute the whole movement before progressing.

The plan was to use the bottom event to send an abort command to the xps.

I've just realised I may need to open a new socket to the controller to send this abort command though. I'll try this out.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,312 Views)

I've just tried the same method but with a new socket to the xps being opened prior to the event structure.

It seems that while the motion is occuring, the VI can't take any input from the front panel (buttons do not work at all).

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,306 Views)

Hi,

I think it would be good for us to work on this matter more closely. If you give us a call on (+44) 1635 523 545 you will be able to speak to one of our engineers directly to help you with this issue.

-Michael

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,294 Views)

In the Edit Events dialog in the 'Go to target' case remove the mark from 'Lock front panel". Probably also use the TCP open vi for the Abort motion event loop.

Bart Boshuizen,
www.morechemistry.com
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,960 Views)